To get an idea of the kinds of work I’ve been involved in, please have a look at my portfolio below. I have extensive experience working closely with non-native English speakers as well as proofreading their work. All writing and content I work with is meticulously researched and carefully checked for errors and factual accuracy.
Creating a clear and consistent voice throughout a webpage draws in the reader and relates them to the author. Whether this is a small post-a-month blog or a large-scale online services site, I enjoy helping websites I’m involved with keeping their page and product message in the tone best fit for their audience.
As the Content and User Experience Manager for TraDove, Inc., I am responsible for maintaining a consistent voice and editorial quality through all new and existing content put on the social platform. Because the original site was entirely translated from Chinese, much of this effort involved a high level of language localization. Additionally, I take charge in writing/editing/publishing posts, English-language marketing efforts through social media and email, and writing copy for English-language email newsletters. TraDove has over 250,000 registered users.
Designed to promote the legal services of English-speaking Chinese attorney Sophia Wright to foreigners throughout China. After designing the page and writing its content, I now edit and maintain Sophia’s regularly-scheduled blog posts.
Paths Unwritten began as my personal journal-style travel blog that has since become an archaeology and destination profile site. All photography, written content, and research that goes into Paths Unwritten is done personally.
Whether for a business news article, a personal blog post or a full website, research becomes my primary focus. Before any words hit the page, a thoroughly-researched plan comes first. From this plan, we can begin work tailoring the content and voice to the perfect fit for that piece.
Business & Technology
- Outrage Marketing: Are Brand Purposefully Ruining Their Image?
- Can you own a Hashtag?
- Will the Green Tuk-tuk Industry Sweep Asia?
- How are Duplicate and Syndicated Content Punished?
- How did Singles Day Overtake Black Friday?
- The Changing Face of Mobile Messaging
Travel & Archaeology
- Ancient Lopburi & the Monkey Temple of Lavo
- Is Gunung Padang Evidence of the World’s Oldest Civilization?
- Vesali: Second City of the Rakhine
- The Chongqing Days: Shibati and the 18 Stairs Gentrification
- 10 Massive Unanswered Questions in Captain Marvel
- Paying American Taxes Abroad
- Our Digital Oversoul
- American TESOL Institute (ATI) Review – In-Course Experience